Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Overheard

Me: Pick out your school clothes.

Boy: I'm tired. I want to nap.

Me: That's because you woke up too early. Pick out pants and a shirt.

Boy: I don't want to go to school. I'm sick. Cough.

Me: Pick out your school clothes.

Boy: I'm a puppy!

Me: School clothes.

Boy: I want to wear shorts!

Me: No, you have to wear pants. It's snowy outside.

Boy: Why?

Me: Seriously. Pants.

Boy: Woof woof.

Me: Pants.

Boy: I'm a puppy! Say, "Good boy!"

Me: Pants.

Boy: I'm throwing a ball!

Me: Pants.

Boy: I'm going to hide from you. I'm hiding under the horse!

Me: Pants.

Boy: You're a silly, Mommy.

Me: Pants.

Boy: I'm going to wear shorts. Okay, Mommy? I want to do that.

Me: Pants.

Boy finally puts on pants.

Me: Now choose a shirt.

Boy: I want to stay in my jammy shirt.

Me: No, that's for sleeping, and you have ketchup on it.

Boy: I'm a puppy!

Me: Shirt.

Boy: Woof.


And so it goes.

No comments: