Friday, April 22, 2011

Misty of Chincoteague

Because of my current assignment, I am not able to take annual leave. A week ago, our plan was training, a week of consultations and packing out our house, then leave for Estonia (on a Sunday! land on Monday! go to work on Tuesday!). Luckily, or unluckily, depending on my progress in Estonian, the testing unit is swamped in July, when most language students wrap up their courses. My test is now moved a week earlier, which gives me a whole gaping week of nothing in which I am free to use my leave as I see fit. After toying with the idea of going to Colorado (too expensive to fly and stay for a week) or Cape Cod (expensive rental houses and eight hours each way), we settled on going to Chincoteague Island.

I love ponies. Love love love them. And Boy loves rockets. Loves loves loves them. We can see the wild ponies and watch NASA launch test rockets on Wallop's Island. Husband will undoubtedly find joy in our joy, Girl is too little to care, and Nanny is happy for new experiences. It should be a quiet week of playing in the sand, eating ice cream, reading on the screened in porch, and taking it easy. Sounds heavenly.

No comments: