1) If we are about to travel, one or both of the children will get sick.
2) The week I plan to take annual leave will suddenly become the busiest week in months.
3) Any government computer program that you absolutely must use on a tight deadline will simply refuse to work.
4) If the Washington Post writes about federal employee job satisfaction, the comments section will be filled with vitriol and a decent amount of just sheer crazy. We are to be happy, always, and feel fortunate we are even paid for our work at all.
5) Every week after watching Glee, I must immediately read Tom and Lorenzo so I know how I felt about it.
6) When you have a "friend" on Facebook who repeatedly writes offensive, bigoted, borderline insane screeds, you are torn between a) unfriending him, and b) checking his status first every day in hopes of a new trainwreck.
7) It is impossible to get quality Mexican food (or Tex-Mex, of Californian Mex) outside of the Americas.
8) Similarly, no one does breakfast like Americans. Well, maybe with the exceptions of the Israelis.
9) Europe's street signs are designed to confuse.
10) If I have a few hours to pack for a trip, I will blog instead. Doh.